Water Market De-regulation and Procurement Services
On April the 1st 2017 the water market opened, meaning that eligible businesses, charities and public sector customers are be able to choose their water retailer for water supply and wastewater services.
If you are an eligible customer, you are now able to buy your water supply from one water retailer and wastewater services from another, or use one retailer for both!
All eligible customers are able to speak to their water retailers about, bills and payments, reading meters, customer service and water saving advice.
The benefits of switching your water retailer include:
- Better value for money
- Discounting your water costs
- Improving the customer service you receive
- Advice on using water more efficiently
How does the market work?
In simple terms the water market works in 3 easy steps:
- Licensed regional water companies, or wholesalers sell wholesale water services (physical water supply and waste removal) to licensed retailers.
- Water retailers then package water services with other services and compete for customers.
- Customers pick the retailer that offers the best service and value for their organisation or business.
As well as delivering benefits to businesses and organisations, the aim of water market de-regulation is to improve the efficiency of water use, reduce carbon emissions from reduced water usage and processing and stimulate greater innovation and use of water conserving technologies in order to manage water in a more environmentally friendly way.
If you are an English business that is not sure how to approach the water market de-regulation and wish to avoid the pitfalls and confusion, please contact us for friendly expert advice and learn if you are eligible to take part in the water market.
We have experts in water markets of Scotland, Wales and England and can provide you with advice on each region depending on your business location.
We will help you understand the water market and develop a water purchasing strategy that will reduce your operating costs and ensure your profits remain firmly above water!