ISO 14001 – Environmental Management
The international standard for Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015) allows organisations to define their impact on the environment and take actions to reduce it.
Whilst the process of achieving ISO 14001 certification can be time consuming and somewhat onerous, there are significant commercial advantages to becoming a certified organisation, including:
- Increased chances of winning new work through improved credentials
- Applicable internationally, making business easier in other countries
- Improved environmental performance
- Reduces risks of environmental incidents and associated penalties
- Environmental leadership and communication
- Reduction in energy and waste costs
ISO 14001 also requires that continuous improvement is achieved throughout the certification lifecycle, which is where The Green Energy Advice Bureau can help.
In order to achieve continuous improvement, The Green Energy Advice Bureau offer audits to help identify ways to reduce waste streams, optimise business performance and remain compliant with the ISO 14001 standard.
We can review your existing Environmental Management System (EMS) and provide advice on improvements and innovative solutions to maximise the impact of your EMS.