Energy Performance Certificate


Domestic and commercial buildings which are available to buy or rent in the UK must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).

Energy Performance Certificates rate the energy efficiency of your building. The rating scale is graded from A (highest efficiency) to G (least efficient). EPCs apply to privately owned buildings, and form part of the Energy Performance of Buildings Regulations 2012 (England & Wales).

Why do I need an EPC?

An EPC must be obtained before a building is marketed for sale or rent. For newly constructed buildings, it is the responsibility of the builder to provide an EPC to the person who commissioned the construction of the building within five days of completion.

You can be fined between £500 and £5000 based on the rateable value of the building if you don’t make an EPC available to prospective buyers or tenants. EPCs are only available from a commercial energy assessor (non-domestic energy assessor/domestic energy assessor), with the type of assessor determined by the complexity and features of the building.

GEAB produce Energy Performance Certificates.

Highly qualified and fully accredited GEAB energy assessors will produce your EPC and submit to the non-domestic energy performance register or the domestic energy performance certificate register as required.

GEAB also assist organisations with any changes to improve energy rating and energy performance, helping to reduce ongoing costs for your property.

To meet regulatory EPC obligations and improve energy performance, contact GEAB from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday on 0800 084 3477.

Request a Quote